They have an article per magazine that is solely charged by the left-wing propaganda, and this comes across as equally guilty as Fox News in skewing facts around their agenda (which is a huge bull's eye for them)
The advertisements are extensive, and to top this hate-sundae with a bitter-cherry, they took away the vintage, thin paper material and over-sized dimensions that made it stand-out when I was a younger lad. I used to have cut-outs of rock stars and rap moguls throughout my room, locker, and folders, back in high school.
But, that being said, I still receive it and read it, depending on the topic. The most recent RS has Adele on the front, whom I understand is fantastic. I am not familiar with her music, but I’ll have to dig in a bit, as I understand that she incorporates a lot of piano. At this point in my musical-taste-progression (which is ever-subject to change and mood), it goes 1. Piano, 2. Harmonica, 3. Guitar.
Anyway…RS is tough for me to appreciate, but not impossible.

This issue has an interview with Bill Maher. OK, yes...I am VERY biased in his direction, so sift thru my elation as you see fit. The article was great. He generates in me vigor to be more pronounced in my views, and rely more consistently on what I believe to be all-too-often a concept loss in translation: simplicity. Where common-sense and comedic wit cross, you will find Bill Maher. Some may not enjoy his aggressively jaded views, but they are jaded on conceptual simplicity, which does not get its fair shake in today's world.
If you get time, read it...its a 5-minute read. I laughed aloud for portions of it. For instance, he was asked about his support towards legalizing pot, and says that its partially a personal benefit to his life, and partially "a great way to save a metric fuckton of money." I want a metric fuckton of savings…sounds beneficial to mine and the lives of many Americans.
Now that I think of it, RS has been on a roll, putting Ricky Gervais in the previous issue, with his unforgiving satire and distaste for effusive religious motivation (better said, he hates everything about the religiously fervent).
I'll leave this rant with a few old RS covers that evoke better times in RS history, and musical history alike.





No comments:
Post a Comment